.

.

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

She's Normal!!

Blueberry had her SDMA test again and the vet reported that her results were completely normal this time!  (PTL!!) So relieved.  I did wean her off the Rimadyl during the month between tests so I have no idea if that was a factor. I have no intention of starting her on it again.

The vet did mention there is a new anti-inflammatory called Galliprant that doesn't cause the same organ damage that Rimadyl and other Nsaids can.  Anyone ever hear of it? About all I know about it, is it is pretty pricey. Blueberry seems to be doing well with just her supplements, no more kibble diet (freeze-dried and frozen raw), and daily exercise for now, but it's nice to know there is an alternative to help her with pain down the road.
  
The vet does plan on calling the lab to see if they recommend monitoring Blueberry more closely in the future.   







"Of course I am normal.  Now, treat me."




"This rock is chafing my bottom."

6 comments:

  1. That's great news! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got good news. I am always hesitant to jump on the bandwagon of a really new drug. I wait until it has been out for a while in order to hear reliable results, good or bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is fantastic news! Hope she can stay off the medication for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippee yippee we like good news
    Snorts,
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMD, that is FABulous news!!!!! I've been on the Galliprant for the same reason ~ I had high protein levels in my urine (but pawfect blood work), so the vettie took me off Rovera and put me on the Galliprant. So far, no problems at all! It seems to be working great. It's only once a day, chewable and i like it, which is good.☺ I had no choice but to turn to this, as the Rovera just wasn't an option anymore. I say, if you need and anti-inflammatory give it a try. If you can go without, obviously that is the best option. Butts, it is a good med for me so far. I will let you know if any problems occur. You look FABulous BTW! ☺
    Good luck my furiend, and lets me know how it goes!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, I'm glad it all worked out.

    I have never heard of the Galliprant, so I did the Google. My first concern, is they've only tested for nine months on healthy dogs. WTF? Second, I went looking for an ingredient list and couldn't find it...

    ReplyDelete

Due to some issues with spam - comment moderation is on so if you don't see your comment posted right away - fear not, I will post it as soon as I am able.